Thursday, October 22, 2015

Women on the road...

When I was on the road I was surprised to find many many folks travelling about, going all different directions in all manner of ways.

Erik on his bicycle.

New York to LA - now what.  Read more.  Awesome kid.

These folks on a Harley.



I saw Minnie Winnies, super big Winnebago's, buses, lots of "vintage" looking trailers.  I took a lot of pics but not to many of vehicles for some reason.

Another thing I noted were the number of women on the road, solo.  Just like me.  Lots.  I can think of  5 right off the top. We all had two things in common - we were in cars we felt secure and safe in and we all had dogs.

Here is one of my road friends.




I had many many friends, customers and folks on the road, tell me "how brave I was."  Hmmmm.  I never really thought of it that way.  I wanted to go and had no one to go with......what else is one to do.  The stark difference of my life, not only because I never married or had children, but also that I as an entrepreneur, march to a slightly different rhythm then most.  I may not be happy with every situation of my life in reflection, but being a business owner has taught me to "push on."  Everything will be alright.  I am not saying, by any means, that it is never stressful either.  I have learned in business, and on this trip I just made, that one must trust and ask for the help one needs, in whatever way that is.

It was a good lesson.
Until next time - Cynthia @ MoonMaid

No comments :