Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Spring Wildflowers in the Great Smoky Mountains....

Spring is springing.  My land neighbors the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.  The wildflowers here are some of the most abundant in the world.  We are well known for them.  I am so fortunate to have many many natives growing here in the woods.
Here are some violets and wild hyacinth or Grape Hyacinth


         And a few cultivated varieties too!!  Lots of color is in the garden beds here @ MoonMaid


 Trilliums are one of my great joys.  Here is a baby just unfolding.  I await the lovely yellow blossoms.  There are also other rare species here.  Surely trilliums, which are endangered, will deserve there own blog post.


 And the lovely dainty white ladies of the garden beds.  Snowdrop, bells and narcissus, just in time for Equinox and Easter.


And the yellows of Dandelions, one of my FAVORITE flowers.  And a lovely Forsythia, which my brother calls ForCynthia.  

And that is just the beginning of what's to come in the garden.  Coming soon - a YouTube channel with videos both of the gardens and "DIY's" for infusions, creams and much more.
Until next time - Cynthia @ MoonMaid Botanicals

2 comments :

Tara T. McIlrath said...

Hello there. Tara here and I live in Knoxville. This year has been a particularly bad one for me a sufferer of seasonal allergies. So many 'sneezy' nights and clogged sinuses, etc. I think I found some nettle in the woods of my backyard, but I am not sure exactly. If it is nettle, may I use it to help alleviate some of these symptoms? How do I prepare it?

Thanks for any other suggestions!

Tara

MoonMaid Botanicals said...

The best thing for allergies is nettles. They have a wonderful anti-histamine effect. Make an infusion. Instructions here http://moonmaidbotanicals-com.3dcartstores.com/Stinging-Nettles_ep_54.html

Hope this is helpful!!!