Sunday, July 10, 2016

Where it all began.....Mom'sHead Gardens in Santa Rosa California.

 I recently went to Santa Rosa California...to Mom'sHead Gardens, which is a special spot that nurtured the beginning of MoonMaid Botanicals.  I have been thinking about that a bit, as I embark on blogging in earnest.  It is something I have wanted to do, think of doing but never seem to get to it.  I get to Facebook, Twitter, mostly via Instagram....but never quite to the blog.

This is a photo of the trailer where I began whipping up MoonMaid products.....and a map of the gardens.  The "sense of style" so to speak, very definitely influenced the way I have laid out my own gardens here in Cosby Tennessee.  As a member of United Plant Savers network of botanical sanctuaries, I have a desire to create a unique natural and cultivated "sense of humor."  Plants get that totally....in my opinion!!

It was right here that I began infusing oils and making them into salves and creams.  I made flower essences from the many many herbal flowers found here @ Mom'sHead.  I journeyed with the plants, they taught me hence I was able to "blend them into remedies."

I got to thinking about my brand, my remedies.  Who am I and why?  I am MoonMaid for women.  I am my products.  I am Me!!  I am herbs......which call me to mix them up in a variety of ways!!!  I came up with this "logo"  (the one you see below) as a way to represent "how I feel" about me, MoonMaid, the direction of my business, social media, and all of that "stuff" that keeps one in motion when one is self-employed, as I embark on this blogging journey.  An image to "remind me and inspire me."


Wild Yam
I left a bit of myself @ Mom'sHead.....and had a fun journey down "memory lane" photographing these things.  I noted that I have adopted a similar "style" here in the gardens.  MoonMaid's Magical Woodland Garden.  Nestled in the outskirts of the Smoky Mountains National Park.  A proud member of the United Plant Savers network of Botanical Sanctuaries.  Here, we passionately preserve and protect endangered native medicinal species.
Ginseng
                         Wild Yam and Ginseng are two of those plants.  Wild Yam is, additionally a major ingredient in MoonMaid's Remedies - our wild yam line for women experiencing hormone balance issues.  It is what keeps us going.

I am grateful for this beginning that is recognizing the real beginning of my business.  Until tomorrow - Cynthia @ MoonMaid Botanicals


No comments :