Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

It is Memorial Day.  A day to remember those lost.  I lost a friend this last year, who suffered side effects to Agent Orange, from the Vietnam War.  His loss, all loss of life, is sad, there is someone on any side who is grieving.

When I think of loss of life - the many animals that perish on this planet, for our tables, for our floors, for our pleasure.  Just going along living life - and WHAM.  Death, grief, saddness to some being.

When I spend time in my garden, I am reminded that there is a circle to life.  With one loss, comes new life.  Plants remind me of that.  They remind me to be mindful when I prune, plant, or pick.
I talk to my plants - they talk to me.  It is a relationship that goes round and round.  And they sure are beautiful.

                                              



I  hope you have had a lovely long weekend if you are so graced to have one.  I long for the days when on a "holiday" like this - everything, even gas stations, are closed.  

Through the rest of the month, I am including a sample size SignatureScent Soap or BathBliss Bath Salts with every order.  Put "soap" or "salt" in the COMMENT box @ checkout.


My podcast, Women of a Certain Age and......is broadcast monthly on the first Monday of each month.  On June 2 @ 7PM ET, I am doing a show with my two dear friends Vesna Plakanis of A Walk in the Woods and Elaine Miller a long time supporter of the Smoky Mountain National Park. on Women, MotherNature and Camping ( in style!!!).  Vesna is a hiker, backbacker and wild food enthusiast and Elaine is the "glamping queen" and will be the chef extraordinaire for MoonMaid's Botanical Sanctuary Gals Glampout, coming up in the spectacular Fall season at the Sanctuary.  Details here.  

I am also the herbalist for Vesna's Women In Wilderness Weekend Retreat on September 12th thru the 14th.  Details here.

Have you signed up for our newsletter?  Every month we have a giveaway of a one of our products.  You never know what it will be.  We won't bombard you with email.   I write a bit about an herb, what's new @ MoonMaid and always include a few pictures of the garden. I send it out 2 times monthly.  Stay informed.  Sign up here.

Until next week - may you be blessed with good health, good work and a good life.  






No comments :