Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Autumn Equinox

I have suddenly realized that I love to talk, and I also love to write, and just as suddenly it occurred to me that I have lots to say - particularly about Menopause.  How appropriate during this "Menopause Awareness Month" that I would finally have this realization.  I have been "blocked" at blogging  I know this is the best tool I have for sharing - this new way of thinking has really opened me up.  I will start blogging more - maybe every week day. Often...anyway.
It does not have to be so scary.  Promise!!!

I have been at this business of MoonMaid Botanicals some 20 years now.  Amazing to consider to me.  My work has brought me in touch with hundreds, maybe thousands of women who are all experiencing some sort of "discomfort" related to menopause.  As the years have gone on, I have heard from and worked with more and more younger women experiencing "discomfort" which seems related to hormone imbalance, hence PMS, infertility, fibroids and cysts.  In the last few years I have been working with more and more men who are experiencing what seems to be "feminization" of sorts, as they are growing breasts and experiencing breast lumps and cancer.  Throughout all of this, I have noted that the obesity epidemic, to me, seems somehow directly connected to hormone imbalance.  Don't many of our young people look like they have "middle age spread?"

I connect many of the "chemicals" that we should avoid, that are making us sick, to hormone imbalance.  Many of those chemicals, for instance, are "estrogenic" upon entering the human body.  These are called "xeno-estrogens."  They are everywhere in our world, not matter how clean and pristine your life.  It certainly helps to be choosy, careful about what you use, what you eat, what you drink.  The mere fact that growth hormones in our meat, pesticides on our fruits and vegetables, gas fumes, drug residue in water from urine (both human and animal), and off gassing of plastics are ALL estrogenic substances in the human body, gives one pause.  So many toxins, and not just any toxin, estrogen, chemical estrogen.  If these estrogens are making women "sick" with menopause etc........what are they doing to men, children, pets?  A little daunting to think about.

I did a show with Big Blend Radio on Sunday, and we talked about plastics.  This crazy mother and daughter team of Lisa and Nancy have me on monthly and we always find something to "go on" about. Listen to the show.  We chatted about two things related to plastic, the movie Plastic Paradise that exposes so much about plastic.  You must see it.  Info here  We also chatted about an innovative guy who made an island out of plastic bottles and lives on it in the Gulf of Mexico.  Check him out here.  Pretty amazing.  We also talked about wild yam, and how it is a main ingredient in my products ProMeno Women's Wild Yam Cream and Vital "V" Wild Yam Salve.  These are my products for menopause.  They have helped a lot of you gals!!

                                                                                                          
   



Oh, and nettles.  My other best remedy for your menopausal symptoms.  Find instructions here.

Joe Cross of the movie Fat Sick and Nearly Dead offered some great advice about eating healthy in this short video I came across.  I think you will find it inspiring.  20 minutes or so.  Enjoy here

Autumn Equinox
And I did have a lovely fire last evening for the Equinox.  It was lovely and warm.  First chilly night and was well appreciated.
Enjoy your evening.  I'll be back here soon.
Cynthia @ MoonMaid Botanicals





No comments :