Monday, September 1, 2014

September is "Menopause Awareness Month"

And aware we should be.  Not in the way most women are, however.  As I have been saying for years, menopause is a life transition to be embraced, not an "illness to be loathed and feared."

Throughout the month I plan to dig deep into my files and resources and bring tips related to menopause.  Herbs, symptoms, recommendations, procedures and any other tidbits I can find to share.
Wild Yam @ the Botanical Sanctuary
One of my favorites, of course, is wild yam (Dioscorea villosa), the main ingredient in ProMeno Women's Wild Yam Cream, Vital "V" Wild Yam Salve, and ProAndro Men's Wild Yam Cream.  These are my herbal alternatives to bio-identical hormone products.  



Here is a link to an article I wrote when I first started MoonMaid Botanicals called Menopause Herbally.  I discuss a bit about the how and why of MoonMaid. It was the horror of Premarin that inspired the first seed.  From there my desire grew to help women transition through menopause without drugs or surgery.   I trust you will find it informative.

On September on my podcast "Women of A Certain Age and...." I will host Dr. Tirso del Junco, Jr. of the IFAS, The Institute For Female Alternative Surgery.  This doctor has a strong belief that hysterectomy is performed far too often and feels as passionatly as I do that it is extremely to keep your uterus whenever possible.  I hope you will listen to this extremely valuable information
Mark your calenders for Monday, September 15 @ 7 PM EDT


No comments :