Thursday, August 6, 2015

August Travels

This month is "screaming" along isn't it?  As has the entire year!  August is my favorite month for many reasons; my birthday, mid-summer weather,  the bounty of harvest of our herb and vegetable gardens. Not to mention the gorgeous Ginseng in berry.  It is still hot and buggy but things are shifting and you can just feel that "hint" of autumn in the air.
Ginseng (Panax quinqefolium)

I have been making great use of BugOff Soothing Insect Repellent.  It is my blend of jewelweed, vitex leaves, lemon balm and a touch of mountain mint.  All of these steeped in witch hazel for a month or two with some added aloe vera juice and essential oils, makes one soothing remedy that repels bugs too.
BugOff Soothing Insect Repellant
It is one of the items in MoonMaid's Trek Across America Kit.  This is a "grouping" of products that I am taking on my journey across America on September 1.  It is over $150.00 of products that are on sale for $75.00  All monies from the sale of this Kit help fund my trek. This is my own way to "crowdfund" to assist in making this trek possible.  More details on the "kit" here

 Trek Kit
MoonMaid's Trek Across America Kit
I look forward to connecting with MoonMaid customers and hope to make connections with new co-op and privately owned stores.  I plan to check out the "sharing" economy by staying in Air B & B's.
My travelling companion Nissan has a new collar and tags and a fresh pillow for the car.  We both look forward to the journey.
Nissan
Of course, I'll be posting regular travel notes on this blog.Until then - Cynthia @ MoonMaid Botanicals


No comments :